Laticrete Strata Mat decoupling mat (per m)
STRATA_MAT is a next-generation, high-performance uncoupling membrane for use under ceramic tile and stone installations, for both residential and commercial applications. Designed to replace traditional underlayment materials. The unique patent pending design of STRATA_MAT provides for an enhanced mechanical bond of the adhesive mortar and provides for faster drying of the mortar, allowing for shorter time to grout. Specifically designed for use with both modified and unmodified mortars, STRATA_MAT allows for the proper adhesive mortar to be used with porcelain or large format tiles and stone.
- Mortar Hydration Vents – creates a mechanical bond between the mat and adhesive mortar – allows the mortar to cure faster providing a stronger bond of tile at 16 – 24 hours for faster time to grout.
- Allows for use of the appropriate mortar per industry standards.
- Provides vapour management.
- Eliminates transmission of in plane substrate cracks of up to 3 mm.
- Instant coverage verification – allows for installer to see mortar coverage underneath the mat during installation without having to lift and verify.
- Allows for easier floor layout as chalk lines are easily visible on surface prior to tile installation.
- Rated Extra Heavy per ASTM C627.